[ node--page--full.tpl : 'full']
Women over 50 are invited for routine breast screening because it saves lives. Breakthrough Breast Cancer encourages all women to attend. However, there are some risks to breast screening and we think you should know about these too before making your decision.
Breakthrough has produced an interactive guide Breast screening: the facts to explain the potential benefits and risks of routine NHS breast screening.
The interactive guide answers questions including:
- Why have I been invited for breast screening?
- What will the appointment be like?
- Am I likely to get the all clear?
- Could breast screening save my life?
- Could screening be bad for me?